My Christmas Lantern Experience





What does Christmas mean to me?

Christmas is a time for celebration. It is a season where people around the world celebrate the birth of Jesus in different ways depending on their beliefs and traditions. However, personally, I see Christmas as an opportunity to reflect on what is truly important in life and share my blessings with others.  For me, Christmas is a very happy and joyous season where people are able to spend time with their family and give back to the community, especially those who are underprivileged. During this time, I see a lot of people extending their hands and sharing love and compassion to one another, just as Christ has always inspired us to do so. I find it truly heartwarming that people are able to live out the message of Christmas which is to strengthen one’s faith, hope and love. Moreover, I see Christmas as an opportunity to unite families and communities to bring a message of peace and hope for the greater good of the world. 





This Christmas, what do I want for the world?
This Christmas, I want the world to have unity and solidarity, especially with our poor brothers and sisters. I wish for all people to have a generous and selfless heart which will enable them to give gifts and share their blessings with others. In addition, I also wish that there would be peace and harmony amongst all nations where there is no discrimination, ignorance and injustice. I hope that everyone would be inspired by Jesus’ kindness and compassion and be able to live out the message of Christmas which focuses on generosity and love. Moreover, I also want the people of the world to do their best to overcome all challenges and social issues in order to have better and happier lives for everyone. I wish that all those who are suffering will be able to rise above their obstacles with the support of the people around them. In short, I just want the whole world to be a brighter and happier place for all people.






What were my expectations on the project?
I expected that this project will be challenging but fun at the same time. Having heard of the project from other sections, I already anticipated that it will be a challenging task which will require us to exert a lot of effort. True enough, creating the lantern took a lot of time and effort to accomplish. However, when the class was working on it, I saw everyone trying their best to contribute in any way possible. I think that made the challenging task become bearable. Moreover, I also expected that the project would entail creativity, artistic abilities and innovative ideas. The class, under the supervision of the creative director, was able to suggest exceptional ideas on how the lantern was to be designed. In addition, I expected the project to be fun and enjoyable, because the class will be working together for the success of the project.





As a class, how were we able to show our Christmas wish for the world?
As a class, we were able to show our Christmas wish for the world through our lantern. Our Christmas wish mainly focuses on good luck and prosperity, because of the numerous social issues, problems and wars which the world is facing nowadays. 12-Noether aims to advocate the value of faith and hope in the possibility of having peace and harmony in the world. With all the challenges and obstacles which the world is facing right now, the class wishes everyone to work together and hope for a brighter future ahead of us.



How did I feel while working on the lantern as a class?
While working on the lantern as a class, I felt a sense of camaraderie and teamwork within us. At the moment when we were constructing the lantern, we faced challenges which we were able to overcome because of our unity and cooperation. While working on the lantern, I felt a sense of connection and a common purpose between us which is to finish the lantern successfully and on time. At first, I actually had a hard time while constructing the lantern, because it was my first time to create paper stars and break CDs. I was still adjusting to the new process which I have just learned. But, through the help of my classmates, I was able to get the hang of it and felt assured that I was able to help my classmates accomplish the tasks. Once we have finished the lantern, we felt very happy and proud of what we have done as one class.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Arts Promotion and Preservation

Philippine Art